Food 4 the Soul: Delightful Burden


   Today's post was inspired by a dessert cake consisting of white cake, vanilla frosting, and garnished with lime slices. While making this cake, I thought about how it was a simple recipe, quick to make; all it really needed was time with little effort on my part. I, immediately, thought about how Jesus stated that His yoke was easy and His burden was light. Though our relationship with Him takes work and effort (like this cake), it is not to be burdensome to us (especially mentally).

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:29-30)

        It is interesting to note that Jesus does not hide from His listeners the effort involved in serving Him. He refers to it as a yoke and a burden. However, He said that they would be light. Sometimes, we can become bogged down in service and trying to maintain our relationship with Christ. Yet, our walk with Him should not frustrate us, but bless and strengthen us as we await our eternal reward.

        On today, allow His grace, peace, power, and presence to help you through whatever situations you are facing. Life can be tough and service to Him comes at a cost. However, if we rely on His strength, we can find rest today for our souls, even in the midst of turmoil. Pray and ask for His grace so you will know what it means to say, "His yoke is easy and His burden is light"

Comments