Food 4 the Soul: Island Delight

The Old Testament is filled with prophecies pointing to the coming of the Lord. They described His birth, ministry, death, and resurrection. When I prepared this meal, I thought of one of my favorite Messianic passages and entitled it "Island Delight." This dish itself was inspired by Caribbean island cuisine and consists of lightly stewed chicken served with black beans and mashed potatoes. Jesus sent word prophetically to isles of His coming who in turn would worship, extol, and spread His fame to the world.
Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. (Isaiah 49:1)

Christ's coming not only brought salvation to Israel, but to the entire world. Today, we must remember that as He called to isles, we must be willing to spread His message because His earthly life was verified through prophecy. Even in an age where the world is connected through social media and other internet based systems, we have to still keep speaking the truth of His coming and His ensuing return. We have to make mention of His name with our own mouths and be careful not hide behind status updates and witty expressions. It ought to be our delight to speak of Him who has given us eternal life through faith in His name.


Comments